- [S185] Book - Profile of Latter-day Saints of Kirtland, Ohio and Members of Zion's Camp, 1830-1839; vital stats and sources, Backman, Milton V., Jr., Compiler, (Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, 1982), Ohio, 7 April 1836 (Backman, "A Profile of Kirtland Sain.
- [S325] Book - An Enduring Legacy, Pearce, Louise B., Editor, (Daughters of the Utah Pioneers, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1985), , pp 155-157.
- [S23] Family Records, (Submitted by patrons to Land and Records Office), of Luke JOHNSON and Susan Arminda POTEET.
- [S58] Book - LDS Biographical Encyclopedia, 4 vols, Jenson, Andrew, (Andrew Jenson History Co., Salt Lake City, Utah, 1901), , pp 85-86.
- [S6] LDS - Membership of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:1830-1848, 50 vols., Black, Susan Easton, Compiler, (LDS Church, Salt Lake City, 1990), 1830-1848, by Susan Easton Black, Vol 25, pp 649-656.
- [S1869] LDS - Millenial Star, (Early LDS Periodical published in England), 26 (1864). p. 4.
- [S8] Book - Our Pioneer Heritage, 20 vols., Daughters of the Utah Pioneers, (Salt Lake City: 1958-1977), , pp 520-521.
- [S101] Database - Writings of Early Latter-day Saints and their Contemporaries, Backman, Milton V., Jr., Compiler, Autobiography.
The Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star 26 (1864):834-36;27 (1865):5-7.
- [S10] Periodical - The Nauvoo Journal, (Salt Lake City, Utah, 1989-1999), Miller/Cooley Company, 1853.
- [S12] Internet Link - BYU Winter Quarters Project - http://winterquarters.byu.edu.
- [S13] Internet Link - Pioneer Research Group Project - http://www.pioneerresearchgroup.org.
- [S54094] LDS - Pottawattamie High Priests Quorum Minutes, 5.
- [S2] Internet Link - International Genealogical Index, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.